Doing so will give you the platform-tools folder, which will be used throughout this guide. firmware files In this guide, we will show you the steps to restore Nothing Phone 1 from Custom ROM to Stock. The device from a relatively newer player in the market had created quite an unprecedented hype when it was first launched. While that hype has slowly settled down, however, we cannot deny the fact that this device is quite an active player in custom development. In my experience with this ROM, the battery life was just the same as the stock ROM, but I was able to customize a few things here and there. To put it into better words, think of LineageOS, but with added features and tweaks. Not to mention, the huge list of device support– both new and old.
- Android ROMs are simply alternate versions of Android, with some containing different apps by default, while others contain modified kernels.
- For these devices, you will have to reboot to recovery every time you want Magisk enabled.
- Rooting is the process of gaining administrative rights on your Android device.
- Now go to the sp flash tool extract folder and launch it.
- I am going to show you 2 methods in which you can save your mobile phone data and both two methods are very good.
Titanium Backup is available for free in the Play Store on rooted Android devices, and it is an application that requires a rooted device. Titanium Backup users may be restricted from taking the backup if Titanium Backup requires root access. We’ll go over the next step in our tutorial, which will be to recommend an app to backup your Android device without rooting it. Nandroid Backup, as a standard directory image, allows you to backup your Android device’s mirror image. There are a few ways to backup your android system image. One way is to use the Android Debug Bridge (adb) tool that is included in the Android SDK.
- Rom is more secure if it has been backed up with Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (Android).
- Finally, if you face any difficulty, then kindly drop a comment below.
- I know I’m asking for the close-to-impossible — as a real full-backup certainly requires root permissions.
- Each device model has its own key combo to boot into recovery, as an example for Galaxy S10 it is (Power + Bixby + Volume Up).
- However, it is important to note that the tool is intended for users with certain technical expertise.
- Here you have the steps on how to use ADB Sideload on your Pixel 7/Pro to install the official firmware.
Download saved to the memory card / storage / extSdCard / ClockworkMod /. Always be careful with custom ROM’s because you can accidentally brick your device, so make sure to learn the instructions twice to avoid mistakes. The stock boot image is typically required by users who want to root their phones without TWRP recovery. It must be patched using the Magisk Manager app on your Android smartphone. You may then root your device by flashing the modified boot image file with the Fastboot command.
At last, if nothing works, then you must consider reinstalling the OS to make your device run flawlessly. If you follow this post,it will be easy for you to face loss,theft or other situations.
There are some benefits to running stock Android itself, however, that are well worth exploring. That will take you to a stock, unrooted ROM, with stock recovery as well. Lock the bootloader, and you’ll be completely back to normal. And where they are available, they’re also more difficult to install than either of the other methods we’ve outlined. Some require a manual approach using the ADB and Fastboot tools with the command line. The article mainly shows you how to back up Android ROM to PC safely.